Site icon Domain Trip

Jerry Lawler Remember A Near-Death Experience At WWE Raw!

Jerry Lawler Remember A Near Death Experience At WWE Raw 1

On September 10, 2012, while watching a live broadcast of “Monday Night Raw” from Montreal’s Bell Centre, color commentator Jerry “The King” Lawler experienced one of the most frightful experiences at a WWE event.

Lawler spoke about his near-death incident on the “Johnny Dare Morning Show” ten years later. He used the conversation to dispel a misunderstanding about what had happened. Everyone claims that I had a heart attack, so I always like to try to clear up the record, he stated.

It wasn’t a heart attack, in actuality. It was a cardiac arrest, which is entirely unrelated to the other. A heart attack occurs when your heart is harmed by a lack of blood flow, blood clots, something that blocks your veins or arteries, or other similar conditions, and you risk dying.

“But cardiac arrest is when your heart suddenly stops beating for whatever reason. Only seven out of 1,000 cardiac arrest victims survive. Even then, they only do so if they receive prompt medical attention because, theoretically, the victim is dead as soon as the cardiac arrest occurs.

When Lawler “just fell over out of my announcer chair, practically right in front of him, so, he realized something went bad, was wrong,” the WWE company doctor, who was sitting next to him and commentator Michael Cole, realized something was amiss. The doctor started performing CPR right away, according to Lawler, saving his life.

Cause and Effect

According to The Bleacher Report, Lawler was taken to the backstage area, where EMTs struggled to revive him. According to some sources from behind the scenes, Lawler was clinically dead for around 20 minutes before being resurrected.

Lawler explained that his bout with Randy Orton earlier that night against CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler led to the cardiac attack. Lawler was subjected to a body-slam from Ziggler, who also repeatedly struck his chest with his elbow.

And I swear to God, after the sixth elbow he was slamming on my chest, I thought to myself, “Whatever happened to the days that we used to do this and not kill each other?” I’ve told this tale countless times. Added Lawler.

Ten minutes after the match, Lawler headed to the announcers’ table but claimed that the impact of Ziggler’s beating had left his heart “slightly off rhythm.” Lawler said that he did not remember going unconscious.

Nothing how he went from commenting on a game to being in a hospital room in the blink of an eye. He claimed that there had been no warning or sense of impending slumber. “I felt that those three days of my life had simply vanished without a trace.”

Lawler claimed that following the incident, he only felt discomfort: “They broke one of my ribs while performing CPR, but I don’t remember feeling any pain or suffering because it happened so quickly. As a result, I have a very sore chest. When I awoke, it was as if nothing had ever occurred.”

The Hall of Famer claimed he doesn’t recall the incident at all “up until someone else brings it up to me. Since then, I haven’t experienced any heart-related issues at all. Therefore, no, I don’t even consider it anymore.”

Final Lines

If you like this news, then visit our site for more trending topics on

Exit mobile version