PIR boosted prizes for this years .Org Impact Awards
Public Interest Registry (PIR), the organization that manages .org domains, has begun the nomination process for 2021 .ORG Impact Awards.
This year’s awards have two fewer categories but increased awards for the winners.
The .ORG of the Year will take home $35,000 while all other winners will win $10,000 (up from $5,000 last year).
The 2021 awards include:
- Health and Healing in a Period of Pandemic
- Overcoming Climate Change
- Championing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Fighting Hunger and Poverty
- Providing Quality Education for All
- Building Better Communities
- .ORG Rising Stars (recognizes someone under 25 years old)
- .ORG of the Year
Last year, PIR received more than 500 entries.
Submissions are open until July 30, 2021. Five finalists per category will be named on September 14.
The contest isn’t limited to non-profits; the only requirement is that winners must use a .org domain name, and the person making the nomination is 18 years or older.
Contest details and nomination forms are online at orgimpactawards.org.